Welcome to Pract.us for Creating a Culture of Accountability!
We’re glad you’re using our application to help you and your employees build the habits that make a difference to your business. The starter pack comes with pre-loaded templates and set-up tasks. This page will show you how to use it.
It takes just about 30 minutes or less to get going and in a few hours, you’ll have your program up and running.
You’ll also learn how you can customize the content to your needs. And don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or need help.
Get 2 Free Hours of Consultation
As a part of your free trial, we’ve included up to 2 free hours of consultation with our training specialist. You can book anytime to get some help with setting up your program.
(They are set up as 30 minute slots, but once you book the first, we can schedule more.)
What is Pract.us?
Pract.us is a powerful learning system that helps you and your team focus on your business mission and key objectives while your carry out daily tasks. At Pract.us, we believe that we can get better at our jobs every day, and our tool helps you focus your employees on improving their abilities as they work.
With Pract.us for Creating a Culture of Accountability, you’ll be giving yourself and your employees the support they need to turn key business tasks into natural habits, which ensures accountability for the most crucial activities. This starter pack is especially good for new employees, new managers, or employees learning new procedures.
A quick note before you start
You’ll see that the tool refers to “cards” and “skills.”
- “Skills” are small tasks to complete. They can range from simple activities, like writing an email, to more intense learning, like operating equipment.
- “Cards” are collections of skills that go together. You might have a collection of skills to complete to learn something new. These are all collected onto one card.
Ok, so why do we call a simple task a “skill?” Isn’t that overkill?
Well, it’s a bit lofty to call something like “sending an email” a skill, but at Pract.us, we believe that we can learn and improve our work in everything we do. Accordingly, we like to approach even the most basic activities with the same learning mindset as we do with more advanced abilities. And so we call them “skills.”
Get the fundamentals down and the level of everything you do will rise.
Get started with your first card
If you haven’t already seen the overview video, click here to get a high-level view of the program.
The first few steps will introduce you to the Pract.us application while showing you how to set up your accountability development program.
- If you haven’t logged in and set up your profile, learn how to do so here: Getting Started for New Learners
- Once you’ve logged in, go to the main menu in the upper left and select “Learn.”
- Click on the card 0. MANAGERS CLICK HERE FIRST
- Press “Start” to begin building your accountability program.
- Look at the skill “CLICK START ABOVE THEN CLICK HERE.”
- This skill will take you to the page you’re reading now. The instructions tell you to read this page, which is what you’re doing!
- Complete this skill by clicking on your avatar and then clicking “Signoff.” Watch the video to learn how. (52 seconds)
- Now you’ve finished one skill and you’re making progress!
Continue completing the skills on the 0. MANAGERS CLICK HERE FIRST card until you’ve checked them all off.
Keep following the skills and cards and they’ll lead you through the setup as you learn about how to use Pract.us. There are plenty of resources to help you.
For more information about using Pract.us, check out our learning resources here.