Set Up Your Reminders
You can use Pract.us reports as one of your triggers or just as a daily report on your progress.Watch the video. (37 seconds)
- Go to the main menu and select “Profile.”
- Select “Reports” from the menu on the left.
- For the Learner Status Report, set how often you want to receive it in your email.
- For example, if you want to complete your habit by noon each day, set your report to arrive at 11:30 am so you have a reminder.
- Or if you want to complete the habit at the end of your day, set your report to arrive at a few minutes before you typically leave so if you forget to do it, you’ll get a reminder.
- If you just want a progress report, you might want to set your reminder just once a week.
- Click the blue save button below to save your preference.
- Sign off this skill and go to the next.
Set Up Your Habit Skill
Now that you’ve decided which habit to work on, you can put those details into Pract.us.Watch the video. (45 seconds)
- Go to the main menu and select “Skills.
- Choose the skill DAILY HABIT TEMPLATE.
- Click the “Edit” button in the upper right. (Hover over the icons to see what they are.)
- Change the title to your starting habit that you wrote down.
- Change the instructions if you like to provide any additional useful information.
- Click the checkbox in the upper right to save your changes.
- Click the “Closed” box to open the card and make it ready for you to use.
- Sign off this skill and go to the next one!
Set Up Your Habit Card
Now that you have your customized habit skill, customize a card so you can track how you’re doing with your habit.Watch the video. (60 seconds)
- Go to the main menu and choose “Cards.”
- Click on the card, Working on Your Habit.
- You’ll see your newly updated Habit Skills there.
- You want as many Habit skills as you need to complete your goals for one week.
- For example, if you want to complete your habit once a day, Monday through Friday, you’ll need 5 skills.
- If you want to complete your habit three times a week, you’ll need three Habit skills.
- The card comes with 5 Habit skills, so remove any you don’t need.
- When you’re done, click the check mark in the upper right to save your work.
- Then click “Closed” to toggle to “Open.”
- Now that your card is customized, sign of this skill.
Start Your First Card
- Go to the main menu and select “Learn.”
- Click on the card Working on Your Habit
- Click the “Start” button.
- Click on the calendar to set your due date for one week from today.
- When you complete your habit for each day, sign off one of your habit skills. When you’ve completed all your tasks, do the Review skill to assess your progress and make changes if needed.
- Sign off this skill and get started on your habit!