Ensure employees are using the habits and skills that make a difference to your bottom line.
We train employees so they will be able to improve our business results. But a healthy bottom line doesn’t come from knowing what to do. It comes from doing it.
Whether your employees learn what to do formally or informally, Pract.us ensures that they apply that knowledge to their daily work.
- Give people learning goals for practicing new skills.
- Set reminders to build good work habits.
- Give employees the autonomy to apply their skills.
- Give employees the resources to support their learning and application.
- Give management the crucial information needed to assist only when help is needed.
- Collect hard data on how many employees actually use behaviors and skills as a result of training.
Training is stressful to HR, managers and employees. HR has to find ways to engage people in their programs, create modern content, and justify their programs to leadership.
Managers have to cover lost time and constantly check in to see if employees are using new skills.
Employees are grappling with a lot of new information at once and then left alone to figure out how to apply them to their work lives. They’re out of their comfort zone and often fall back into old habits as a result.
Pract.us helps eliminate this training stress by
- Naturally engaging employees in a personalized learning path that rewards progress and completion, like games do.
- Ensuring relevant content by incorporating actual work tasks into the learning process.
- Providing hard data on skill application to assess training effectiveness for leadership.
- Putting employees in charge of their learning while giving managers constant updates on their progress.
- Alerting managers if employees fall behind.
- Providing employees with support from colleagues or other resources as they practice new skills so they spend less time out of their comfort zones.
- Reminding employees to apply new skills and giving them related tasks to help them do it.
One of the great challenges for training programs is assessing their effectiveness and eventually getting to an ROI so leadership has a strong understanding of how well the program support company goals.
Most programs rely on post-training assessments or surveys which often tell how much people like the training, but don’t follow them back to their jobs and determine how often they use the training.
Pract.us follow employees back to their jobs. Employees not only get reminders and support to use what they’ve learned, but Pract.us tracks how many of them actually do it. So trainers can count the number of employees who apply specific skills and correlate those to changes in business metrics.
This kind of information gives you a better understanding of how training affects the actual work day of employees, and it offers insight into which skills and types of training make the most difference.
Because Pract.us is uniquely designed to support informal or structured on-the-job training, you can use it to assess learning even if you don’t have a formal training program.