If you’re going to be there, come and check out our session.
Here’s a description of our talk:
Beyond Content: Using Mobile to Foster and Manage Informal Learning
Employees learn many of their job competencies from one another. But it’s hard for a manager to know what they’re learning, from whom, and how well they’ve learned it. These informal interactions are almost impossible to track, and it’s hard to keep bad habits from spreading. If managers had a way to track and guide this informal learning, it would become a powerful part of employee development.
In this session, you’ll learn how to use mobile devices and applications to shape peer-to-peer knowledge sharing into a structured development program. You’ll learn how to use mobile applications to assign individual learning paths for each employee, match them up with peers who help them learn, remind them of best practices, validate their new competencies, and track their accomplishments. You’ll learn how to set up a program, get it started, and incorporate it into your other training efforts. You’ll hear about two real-world examples: onboarding new employees and training a sales team.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to use mobile to manage peer-to-peer learning
- How to easily create individual informal learning paths for employees
- How to match peers who can share knowledge with one another
- How to validate what employees have learned in the field
- How to track employees’ accomplishments
- How to incorporate existing formal training into your program
Stay tuned to our Twitter, Facebook and Linked In channels for regular updates on the conference.